october in april.
[notes from a compulsive list-maker.]
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
one is silver and the other gold.
my favorite girl sent me this link: anti-war grannies (thanks, d-d).
and the new: i will be signing a lease today. hoorah, hoorah.
Friday, July 22, 2005
hurry hurry little dragon, hurry hurry!
can you identify the source of this post's title?
so, i think i've found a new space to inhabit. the building is steps away from the cloisters, and vegitation abounds. wheeee.
speaking of the visual, here's film/teevee intake:
- war of the worlds (ehhh).
- spirited away (gorgeous).
- batman begins (slightly disappointing, but fun).
- papillon (bizarre and pretty riveting).
- the first three episodes of homicide (why did this take me until now?).
Thursday, July 21, 2005
ahh, in the throes of apartment-searching. my favorite listing, so far, contains the phrase "elevated building."
i just finished teaching a high-school poetry workshop (lovely kids, lovely co-teachers). i went back and looked at one of the many short-lived journals from that period (i document more regularly now. pity the future executor of my estate). this one was a daily list of wishes and thanks, and it contains much of what you might expect. but in honor of that age, here are some of the more amusing entries, for various reasons:
- 07.24.98: i wish to go sky-diving.
- 10.12.98: i wish to go to school at columbia and to have all my lines memorized by tomorrow.
- 10.16.98: i wish for full-body pajamas with feet.
- 07.16.05: i am thankful for clean airport floors to sleep on.
- 08.19.05: i am thankful for warm sidewalks to lie on [a tired trend].
- 10.01.98: i am thankful for prufrock and mersault.
in intake news:
- i just finished the time traveler's wife, by audrey niffenegger. i am in need of more quick summer reads. suggestions?
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
- nyc temperatures this week (oh chicago porches, how i miss you).
- a flaming cab on broadway this afternoon (i think that's the first time i've seen a fire truck actively putting out a fire in-person).
- my new curious george tee-shirt.
Sunday, July 10, 2005
for a friend stranded in russia--the plan for retrieving you is being formulated with the following options:
- a big bird, gandalf-style.
- a pack of wolves (think r. o.) and a raft.
- a friendly whale.
- a hot air balloon or small blimp.
- a band of ninjas.
Thursday, July 07, 2005
- jesse ball's march book.
- oni buchanan's what animal (i adore).
musically, i'm stumbling through a back-log of russia and toronto purchases, including:
- the complete works of nirvana.
- the beatles, 1961 - 1970.
- phillip glass, 1977 - 1985.
- pink floyd, 1972 - 1994.
- four tet's everything ecstatic.
- odd's liberte 54.
- the limey.
- russian ark.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
finallement, deceleration. i do not plan to leave the city for at least two weeks.
this round of northland travelling included lots of photos, fireworks, beer, henna tattoos, maple leaves, floor-sleep, french.
- moment most impressive to my brothers: slipping on wet porch stairs and falling down five of them--while keeping my beer cup vertical--then coming to rest on the bottom stair sitting up, still holding beer cup.
- moments quite impressive to the narrator: the jazz band plaster.
- moment astonishingly impressive to brother #2 and the narrator: a very extreme bug-windshield splat on route 81, leaving a two-inch crimson smear directly in my line of sight. very distracting for driving.