the joy of internet.
more grins than promotion, actually:
me and others.
as if wind-flung.
phone recovered from brooklyn.
some leaping for you.
i had a lovely party friday night and then woke up saturday with an obnoxious cold/flu bug.
so. i read:
- delillo's white noise.
- gates' jernigan.
- sudafed non-drowsy 12-hour medicine amplifies my sense of hearing and makes me paranoid, further amplified by
- reading those two particular books in 36 hours.
happily quarter-century-ing. yay birfday. steak for dinner.
here, little rodent.
- home-made mousetraip.
- less-than-successful french-fried eggplant.
- grace paley stories.
- kobo abe's woman in the dunes (masterful emotional manipulation).
- happy brunch with parents.
light leaks galore.
at the whitney biennial, i was pretty fond of amy blakemore's photographs. she works with an obsolete plastic camera called diana. after some googling last night: lo, there's a whole community of artists working with these toy cameras. i sense a $20 purchase in my future.
techno-post continuity: looklooklook. please watch until he does the eyebrow twitch. you'll see.
[link via lemonhound.]
amusments, parks and otherwise.
- new favorite roller coaster: nitro.
- visuals: a gallery opening.
- more visuals: beckett's endgame (oh the flea, the flea!).
- briefly mingled: basement art party.
- hoorah: weekend with brother #2.
- unanticipated success: stir-fried tofu with vegetables.
- perpetual: reading, reading, and going to readings (zawacki, others).